Tuesday, September 21, 2010

baby cravings....

All I can think about lately is having a baby, and despite what everyone else thinks- it has nothing to do with the fact the my sister-in-law is going to pop one out in the week or so. I have no feelings of jealously or anything like that, and Nathan and I are in no way trying to compete- or "catch-up" to them. I am just so anxious to start a family with Nathan. I think about what our kids might look like, fun family activities we will all do in the future, decorating the nursery and baby proofing the house, play dates, even planning out disciplinary strategies! Our future family is like ALWAYS on my mind.

We have a plan in place though, and I just have to be patient and wait for the time to come. In the mean time, I am trying my very best to be happy where we are. Owning our own business has been tough, and exhausting, and even if I wanted to put a bun in the oven right now, it would be near disastrous. We don't have enough money in saving to pay for the all doctor's appointment and delivery- let alone all the baby gear we would need. AND we have like no time lately; we spend 60 to 80 hours a week at the shop, and it's not even close to being an environment that I would be comfortable bringing an infant to everyday. It will be eventually- we are planning on getting the place all cleaned up so that one day we can have like a pack-n-play in the front office- so that when we DO have a baby we could bring him/her there for a few hours if I needed to come up and work.

I guess that's one good thing about having a plan that's about a year away- it gives me plenty of time to think about things that need to get done before hand and actually do them. It's not just me anymore either- Nathan, I think, is coming to terms with the fact that we are going to be doing this baby thing and is acknowledging and, often participating in my planning process. He's still pretty turned off by the thought of kids- having been around a lot of ill behaved little ones in his past- but I think that spending a little time around Bailee (our friend Sabrina's baby girl) and seeing how well mannered she is, has eased his mind- at least a little. He's still nowhere near as into it as I am- and I really don't expect him to be, until I actually get pregnant. I really think that when the time comes he'll be super excited.

We are planning on getting some baby gear stocked up, when we see it on sale and stuff. I found a swing that I am in love with at Babies R Us. We might be putting it on lay away soon. It's not super expensive or anything, but it's just more manageable to pay the $170 over a month and half than in one day. I would also like to get a crib soon, because I think I have mentioned before, that we can use that in the guest room as a full size bed until the baby comes. After the crib, the only other big thing we would be thinking about getting is a travel system (carseat/stroller.) I am not stocking up on toys or clothes- mainly because I am still planning on having the gender be a surprise and I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of clothes I can't use.

The other thing I am trying to do to prepare is lose some weight and get healthy. It's so hard though. Nathan and I have become fast-food junkies with this business, just because it's convenient. I am really going to be trying to work out more, and eat healthier and drop some weight to get in my "normal" weight range for my height. I have my cousin's wedding the end of October and family pictures mid November to help motivate me this time. I just need to figure out a system that's going to work for me. My work schedule makes it so hard. Ugh! But I need to do it.

Alrighty, that's enough blogging for now. I will probably post pics from Sarah's baby shower in a few days and once her baby, Marley, shows up- I will probably have pics of that too. See ya then!

No comments: