Sunday, November 28, 2010

a step in the right direction

Nathan starts a new job tomorrow with Everest College in their Admissions Department. I am excited for many reasons: it is going to help stabilize our income, it will give us some much needed time apart during the week, it'll help us pay down debt and build up savings, and best of all... We are going to have insurance!! Yay!!!

Staring in January we are going to have health insurance through his new job. That will take a major load off my mind when it comes time for having a baby. It will cut back on the cost tremendously.

In other baby news- we found out that my cousin Desiree is having a little boy. Nathan is a little disappointed- he wanted us to be the next ones on that side of the family to have a boy. Oh well- maybe we will be the second!

Now on to some pictures. It's been a while since I posted anything.

First, pictures of baby Bailee- who belongs to our friend Sabrina. (Side note- I don't remember if I have posted anything about this before- but I hope my babies turn out to be as awesome as Bailee. She is always happy and smiley and so gosh-darn cute!)

Here she is at the pumpkin patch, wearing one of the outfits I bought her! Adorable!


And here she is in her Halloween costume! Since she was a giraffe, I had to post it! It matches my future nursery theme.


Now a few pictures of my new niece, Marley. You can see all the newborn pictures that we took of her on our family blog.

Isn't he so cute holding a baby?! I love it. His brother gives him a hard time, saying he looks stiff or whatever when he is holding her- but I think he is just being cautious. He doesn't have a ton of baby experience after all.

Awwwww! He'll be a great daddy one day.

And here's a more recent one that I stole off their blog! I haven't had many opportunities to even see her, let alone take a ton of pictures. I did get a chance to hold her on Thanksgiving, and tonight at family dinner. I love her "new baby" smell. lol Everyone on that side of the family is trying to persuade us to have a baby. Sarah has tried explaining to Nathan how much joy a little baby can bring into your life, and our brother in law, Robert, keeps telling him that even if you hate everyone else's kids, it's different when they are your own. They can't seem to tell him enough how much he'll love being a dad.

I hope all their persuasions don't put him off- he has seemed to be coming around to the idea lately. I don't want him to feel too pressured.

And last of all, a picture that I posted on our regular blog that I thought needed to be posted here too:

This is what our future child will supposedly look like. I morphed a picture of me with a picture of Nathan. haha- I've gotta say, she turned out pretty cute for one of those picture morphs! They are usually pretty scary. Even if our kids don't turn out looking like her- I am sure they will all be super adorable!

No comments: