Tuesday, May 7, 2013

a dream is a wish your heart makes

I was driving home after dropping Nathan off at work this morning, and nothing good was on the radio, so I turned on my favorite Disney cd, "Simply Mad About the Mouse" and was so excited when my favorite song came on first. I am not sure if I have mentioned the song on this blog before I got pregnant, but I used to listen to it all the time because it gave me a little glimmer of hope; A Dream is Wish Your Heart Makes. I smiled and began singing along and it wasn't very far into the song when I had to stop singing because I had started crying.

As I sang the lyrics, my mind wandered back to the many, many times I had listened to the song before- dreaming of one day becoming a mother, the silent prayers of pleading for strength, comfort, and faith that seemed to play on repeat in my mind, and the heart break I felt one failed attempt after another. I knew deep down that one day it would happen, and  Nathan and I would have little family of our own, but it seemed so far away and often so hopeless. And today, as that song played, the realization hit me like a ton of bricks- that my someday is here; the dream that I wished has come true and in just about 7 weeks I am going to be holding the answer to my prayers in my arms.

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep

Have faith in your dreams and some day
Your rainbow will come smiling through
No matter how your heart is grieving
if you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true

I know I typically post more about the discomforts and weirdness that pregnancy brings, but I just wanted to express how truly grateful I am for the blessing of this child in our lives and testify to the power of faith and prayers. I literally can't put into words my joy and gratitude. I just wanted to make sure that I acknowledged these feelings and wrote them down while they were still fresh in my mind.

No comments: