Sunday, October 21, 2012

holy bananas.....

Let me start by saying I am completely in shock right now. I was expecting my period Friday and it didn't come so I figured I would buy a pregnancy test to put my mind at ease- so while we were at Home Depot I had Nathan swing over to the dollar store. They had ovulation tests, drug tests, uti tests, and menopause tests- but no pregnancy tests. (btw- what the heck is a menopause test for??) So I had to go up to little Walmart and pay $7 for a two pack! Seems like a lot of money for a test that is probably going to be negative anyway. So I came home and peed on one of the sticks- I sat there like I usually and watched it percolate and thought to myself, "Hmm, look at that you can kinda see where the line would be if I were pregnant...." and literally seconds later that faint blue line became a very distinct solid blue line-even before the  line in the control window showed up. HOLY CRAP! I'M PREGNANT! At least that is what the pee stick said.

You're probably wondering in what adorable, well thought out way I told my husband. Well, here's the story- I marched myself into the office where Nathan was working on some invoicing and put it right in front of his face.  What can I say- I was absolutely freaking out! My mind wasn't thinking about how to make a cutesy announcement. I have taken dozens of pregnancy tests in our 3 1/2 years of marriage and they have all come out negative and resulted in a sob fest for yours truly. All I could to think to do was hold the test out for him to look at. How did he react? "So I am guessing you are gonna want to make a doctors appointment tomorrow?"

 So, I have pretty much been sitting on the office floor freaking out ever since- and drinking water so I can take more pregnancy tests just to make sure. And in case you were wondering, yes, I cried.  I guess this explains why my boobs have been so dang sore and my minor queasiness the fast few days. My boobs always hurt around my period though, so I didn't think anything of it. Holy moly- I still just can't believe this.... I have wanted this for so long! Ack! Ok- I will write more later after more pee tests.


A few hours later....



I think the initial shock has worn off now. It's still hard to believe. I took the second test and it was positive just as fast as the first one. We went to do some pottery deliveries and I brought my "Pregnancy Week by Week" book to look over. I guess I will be calling Dr. Tutt's office tomorrow to make an appointment. I want to make sure this pregnancy is legit before I call up Dr. Behara's office and cancel my appointment with her- I have been waiting way to long for that appointment to just call up and cancel if by some fluke I got 2 false positives.

It's still hard to really wrap my head around the thought of....all of it! I have been through so many periods that had way more symptoms of pregnancy- I honest to God didn't think I was pregnant at all. I was just blissfully looking forward to getting answers from a fertility doctor in a couple weeks.

Guess what my charming husband said? "Well, so much for you losing weight." I was like- "Gee, thanks for reminding me that I going to get fat...well, fatTER!" Goodness, he always knows just what to say! Hahaha

Wow, I can't believe I am finally writing this blog. This is craziness! According to the due date calculator on babycenter.com I should be due at the end of June next year. The website informed me "Right now you're about 4 weeks pregnant and your baby is the size of a poppy seed." How interesting. It also told me that if I want to wait until the riskiest part of my pregnancy is over- the date to announce my pregnancy is December 28th.... yeah, I think I am going to make the announcement a few days before that! A Christmas baby announcement?! I've always hoped that I could share the news around a family-centric holiday like Christmas! Now I just need to think of an adorable way to tell our family (Since I shared it so un-adorably with my husband!)

Well, I guess I will be posting on here more often now! Hopefully I will have more news soon!

No comments: