Tuesday, October 23, 2012

it's all so clear now....

So, before I got the shock of my life the other day, I honestly didn't think I was pregnant so I wasn't identifying things as pregnancy symptoms- and now that I know I am seeing the signs all over the place! I don't know if I'm like hyper-aware of things that are happening with my body now or if my brain is just making me think I have symptoms. Nathan believes it to be more of the latter, but he's still skeptical about the whole pregnancy thing until it is confirmed by a doctor.

Anyway, here are some of the symptoms that I have been experiencing the last couple days.

Sore boobs. This is pretty much constant- and I noticed it long before I took the pregnancy test. I have been wearing sports bras a lot- no under wire please! Also- my boobs feel heavy and HUGE. I guess I should get used to that though; from what I have read that feeling is going to be with me for a while.

Bloated and "gassy?" I've got all kinds of sensations going on in my lower abdomen, it's totally weird. I think the best way I could describe it would be a very mild menstrual cramp mixed with the intestinal movement that usually follows a meal from Panda Express....there is just a lot of feelings going on below the belly button. Plus I feel puffy and bloated in my tummy area, much like I would around my period.

Heartburn! Not long after I eat the heart burn kicks in and sometimes randomly throughout the day and night. It's not bad or anything, just enough to be kind of annoying.

I'm so tired! I may be implementing a mid-day nap into my schedule. Lately I am less worried about the next time I get to eat and more worried about the next opportunity I am going to have to lay down!

Gurgly...That is the best word I can use to describe it. It's not morning sickness or nausea...my tummy just feels gurgly and kinda gassy. I don't feel like I am going to throw up or anything yet, but it's definitely unsettled.

also...

I have to pee! I am going potty waaaay more often than usual, but I am also trying to consciously drink more water.  We went and did north side deliveries last night and I peed before we left, then I had to pee again when we got to one of the store, and then I had to pee again when we got home!


So, that's the extent of my pregnancy symptoms so far. Maybe it's a little TMI- but look, I'm just gonna be real. I have crazy desire to want to document like every step of this pregnancy, which may be kind of weird but I just feel like I should do it.

I really can't complain symptoms- they aren't bad right now. Even when I feel they are mildly annoying I can't help but remember what a miracle it is that I am even pregnant at all. I just think about how long I have waited for this and symptoms become of a blessing than a burden.

In other news...

I called Dr. Tutt's office yesterday to make my first pre-natal appointment. The lady that answered the phone said that he usually likes to see patients between the 8th and 12th week, and got me scheduled for November 18th. However, since I have a fertility appointment scheduled with Dr. Behara, and I want to be certain that I really am pregnant before I cancel it I left a message with Dr. Tutt's nurse explain my predicament. She called me back and told me that they could get me in this week for an ultra sound and blood work! So, I actually have my first pre-natal visit TOMORROW! I am really excited- a little nervous- but mostly excited. Nathan is going to try to get off work early so he can be there too.


I have downloaded a couple of pregnancy apps on my phone. I have the "My Pregnancy" app from Baby Center and the "What to Expect: Pregnancy" app. I like them both- they both have good information on a daily and weekly basis about what is going on inside me. And the "What to Expect" app has great message boards! The default board that they always show is for everyone whose estimated due date is in the same month as yours. I love reading all the excitement and concerns of women that are at roughly the same stage in their pregnancy as me. I will probably make good use of these message boards because, honestly, the more I think about being pregnant the more I feel a bit terrified! Knowing things about pregnancy and than realizing that you actually are pregnant and all those things you "know" are going to be happening to you is crazy and a bit scary sometimes. There are so many changes and unknowns! I am really hoping that after I get a "Yeah, you are for sure pregnant," from the doctor, that Nathan will be a little more open and involved in the whole process, because I have a feeling I am going need to some major support!

No comments: